Will it never end?!? After all that, they only called in the Fennigan, not the Kytril - which is what she really needs. After I got the prescription, which was just for two types of Fennigan - one for the mouth and one for the, um, other end, I was perplexed. So I told deDee and she was shocked and told me that it was the Kytril that Shannon really needed. So I called Shannon and she said that they didn't want to give it to her and that she (Shannon) didn't have the strength to argue it - with the fact that she was administered it at the ER over the weekend and it WORKED for her. ARG! So rather than call her Dr's office and argue with what I'm rapidly considering an inept nurse without a soul, I called MY Dr, told her the situation and she called it in - in literally less than 5 minutes. It was called in before I finished briefing the pharmacist on the situation and that Shannon's parents would be picking up that script. Over an hour of haggling and having to have my sick wife call and all but beg to have the medications that she needed called in, I accomplished the same, without argument and without hesitation - my Doctor is DA BOMB! and hers is just a DUD! I'm back at work and M&D will be taking the scripts out to Shannon. I'll update y'all later when we get the meds to her and I know how she is doing.
Can you believe it!?! I'm very, very, um, angry to put it politely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fennigan is the best meds for nausea due to chemotherapy. I get it with my infusions. Another one is Aloxi. It's an injection and might help. I loved it.
It never ends. I've been fighting with insurance companies for over three years on medications, bills and whatever else they can think of. Even my disability! I wish you weren't going thru this. I would love to help. Let me know what you need!
Linda
Post a Comment