Tuesday, April 29, 2008

ARG!

So Shannon is in a bad way today. I'm at work (or was) and she's home
alone again (this time with a car) and she's very ill. Severe nausia
which, as I've said before, is like being violently sea-sick all day
long. She's impossibly uncomfortable and can never seem to find a
position that suits her for more than a few minutes.
I'm currently at the pharmacy trying to get her some Kytril and
Fennigan, but her Dr's office is playing silly buggers. I called them
first (11:00AM) after I found a pharmacy that had the drugs in stock.
I don't have Shannons insurance info at hand (something tfar will
never happen again) so I had to ask them to pull up her chart and call
me back with the info. While waiting for them to call back I found the
info (Shannon, through a veil of tears was able to relay it to me) so
I called the Dr. Back and told them that I had it (now 11:20) and they
still hadnt phoned in the scripts so I told them the situation and the
dire need for them and the fact that it will take me about an hour
once I get the scrpits to get them to Shannon. I then left for the
pharmacy assuming that they would be called in by the time I got
there. When I got here (12:05PM) they hadnt been called in and I had a
voice mail from the Dr's office with questions about Shannons present
condition - ARG! So I had to call Shannon and break the news that the
Dr's office was playing silly buggers and still hadnt phoned in the
scripts. She was DEVISTATED. I had to have HER call her Dr's so that
could hear what state she is in and hopefully tfat will expidite the
situation. The local support group (M&D) just arrived. More info when
I have it. ARRRG!

- - - - - - - -
Sent from my iPhone.

No comments: